Lessons & Papers¶
Helpful lessons of Sports Analytics and interesting research papers published on important AI conference and MIT Slogan Sports Analytics Conference. I also add some researchers who are pioneers to sports analytics.
- Tracking data driven
- <Data-Driven Ghosting using Deep Imitation Learning>, 2017.
- Published on MIT-Slogan Sports Analytics Conference (SSAC). TBA.
- <BasketballGAN: Generating Basketball Play Simulation Through Sketching>, 2019.
- Published on ACM MultiMedia (ACM MM). TBA.
- Statistical data driven
- <Actions Speak Louder than Goals: Valuing Player Actions in Soccer>, 2019.
- KDD best paper of application track. TBA.
- Visual data driven (Mostly Tracking)
- <Multiple Object Tracking in Soccer Videos using Topographic Surface Analysis>, 2019.
- <Tracking Multiple People in a Multi-Camera Environment>, 2018.
- <Soccer: Who Has The Ball? Generating Visual Analytics and Player Statistics>, 2018.
- Published on CVPR workshop. TBA.
- <A Survey on Player Tracking in Soccer Videos>, 2017.
- <A Survey on Content-aware Video Analysis for Sports>, 2017.
- <Event Recognition in Broadcast Soccer Videos>, 2016.
- Published in ICVGIP16, Proceedings of the Tenth Indian Conference on Computer Vision, Graphics and Image Processing.
- <Detecting events and key actors in multi-person videos>
- By Google and Stanford researchers (Feifei Li).
- <Learning to Track and Identify Players from Broadcast Sports Videos>, 2012.
- Published on IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON PATTERN ANALYSIS AND MACHINE INTELLIGENCE.
- <Ball Tracking and Action Recognition of Soccer Players in TV Broadcast Videos>, 2007.
- This is a theis which detailed describe various methods of Video processing in football analysis. TBA.
- <Visually Tracking Football Games Based on TV Broadcasts>, 2007.
- Published in IJCAI07. This paper is an extension of <ASPOGAMO: Automated Sports Game Analysis Models>. They propose ASPOGAMO, a visual tracking system that determines the coordinates and trajectories of football players in camera view based on TV broadcasts.
- <Players and Ball Detection in Soccer Videos Based on Color Segmentation and Shape Analysis>, 2007.
- Published in MCAM 2007. This paper proposes a scheme to detect and locate the players and the ball on the grass playfield in soccer videos.
- <Soccer video analysis by ball, player and referee tracking>, 2006.